Nowadays it seems like most women we know have some sort of hormonal issue that affects their health. Unfortunately this can be an issue sometimes that can affect their daily life, causing pain, fatigue and more. What many women are not taught is that they can use foods to help balance hormones and even relieve some pain caused by hormonal imbalances.
Here are some foods that can help balance your hormones:
Coconut oil: This is amazing for hormone health! There are many ways to get coconut oil. You can even cook with it. My favorite? Adding a spoonful of it to my coffee. I love it!
Avocado: Known for their oleic acid and other essential nutrients, these are great for balancing hormones. Adding avocados to your smoothie is another great way to those nutrients into your body.
Beetroot: Adding beetroot to salads and other foods, or even juicing it and drinking it is extremely beneficial in balancing hormones. Having beet root at least twice a week is great for hormonal health.
Salmon: This fish is one of the top hormone balancing foods due to it’s high amount of Vitamin D and Omega-3 fatty acids. Consuming this food once a week is ideal.
Tomatoes: This wonderful fruit is packed with flavanoids that help balance hormonal health. With so many ways you can add tomatoes to your diet, this shouldn’t be hard to add.
Garlic: More specifically raw garlic is another great addition to your diet for hormonal health. Garlic is packed with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredients. It also has Allacin in it, which helps the body break down and absorb iron.
Spinach: Raw spinach is super high in Magnesium and many other essential vitamins and minerals. It helps you to produce good hormones and balance out your hormones. You can throw spinach into your soups, stews, sandwiches, etc.
This is definitely not a comprehensive list of foods, but just a list to get you started. Healing your body through food is VERY possible!
- 5 Ways To Tell If You’re The Side Chick (Valentine’s Day Exposed) -
- Women’s Empowerment Hits The Golden Globes: Oprah Winfrey’s Life-Changing Speech -
- Open Marriages: Are They The New Face of Marriage? -
- Gabrielle Union Speaks Out On Her Struggle With Infertility -
- Are Celebrities Held To Different Child/Spousal Support Expectations? -
- Pushing Past The Pain: How To Heal From Heartbreak -
- Parenting A Child With A Disability -
- It’s Just A Little Flirting: That’s Not Cheating Right? -
- Why I Won’t Encourage My Kids To Marry Young -
- Open Letter To Single Moms On Father’s Day -