As women, we go through phases in life where we can lose a few pounds or gain a few pounds depending on our life’s circumstances. In the society we live in, we are judged a great deal by our outside appearance. If we are in the public eye, that judgment can be exceptionally brutal.
Recently, fans of Tia Mowry have been questioning and assuming that she has a baby on the way. Tia has responded to her fans, and says she is NOT pregnant. Critics are still talking about her weight gain. In light of that, Tia has opened up on the body standards society judges us on, and the body shaming that takes place when you don’t fit society’s standards of beauty.
Tia said “When I want to drop the pounds, I will, but right now I’m happy with who I am.” She also went to social networks to post that she’s happy where she is now. She’s eating and cooking great food. Of course Tia is referring to her new cooking show where she cooks up some delicious recipes in the kitchen.
Enjoy Tia! We salute you for standing up to the critics and being comfortable in your skin.
- Women’s Empowerment Hits The Golden Globes: Oprah Winfrey’s Life-Changing Speech -
- Open Marriages: Are They The New Face of Marriage? -
- Gabrielle Union Speaks Out On Her Struggle With Infertility -
- Are Celebrities Held To Different Child/Spousal Support Expectations? -
- Pushing Past The Pain: How To Heal From Heartbreak -
- Parenting A Child With A Disability -
- It’s Just A Little Flirting: That’s Not Cheating Right? -
- Why I Won’t Encourage My Kids To Marry Young -
- Open Letter To Single Moms On Father’s Day -
- Why I Refuse To Let My Kid Have A Participation Award -