Terry Crews has made the headlines by being open and honest about a 90 day sex “fast” that he participated in with his wife. The intent of the fast is to utilize that time getting to know your partner all over again by engaging in meaningful conversation, cuddling, and spending time together. Sex is completely off the table for these 90 days (no pun intended).
He and his wife attest to the fact that it has actually improved their long term relationship instead of having a negative impact. Terry and his wife Rebecca have been married for 25 years, since 1990, and have five children together. According to Terry, this sex fast has only strengthened their marriage.
During an interview with Huffpost live, Terry said “I found that at the end of that 90 days, I knew who she was, and it wasn’t about ‘Let’s go out because I know I’m going to get some sex later.’ It was like, ‘Let’s go because I want to talk to you. I want to know you.’” He continued on to say, “You’re not looking for porn. You’re looking for someone to know you and love you at the same time,” he said. “That’s all you want — every man out there. But he’s scared sometimes. That’s why men put up big fronts.”
“Going on a sex fast is like hitting the reset button on your sex life,” San-Francisco-based sex therapist Vanessa Marin says. “For one, it’s a big tease. Not being able to get what you want will make you desire your partner so much more” — an especially welcome effect if your sex has become routine. It’s also a reminder that there are a lot of other amazing ways to be intimate with your partner,” Marin continues. “If you’re not allowed to resort to your old standbys, you start recognizing the intensity that can be present in even the smallest kiss or touch.”
It looks like this 90 day sex fast truly worked wonders for their marriage. With that being said, would you and your partner commit to a 90 day sex fast? What would you look to get out of it?
- Open Marriages: Are They The New Face of Marriage? -
- Gabrielle Union Speaks Out On Her Struggle With Infertility -
- Are Celebrities Held To Different Child/Spousal Support Expectations? -
- Pushing Past The Pain: How To Heal From Heartbreak -
- Parenting A Child With A Disability -
- It’s Just A Little Flirting: That’s Not Cheating Right? -
- Why I Won’t Encourage My Kids To Marry Young -
- Open Letter To Single Moms On Father’s Day -
- Why I Refuse To Let My Kid Have A Participation Award -
- Turmeric: Can It Change Your Life? -