I’m now 7 1/2 months pregnant, and I can honestly say I’ve heard some of the most ridiculous comments from people during my pregnancy. I’ve heard comments that have gone from uber nosy to downright rude and obnoxious. Having experiences like this help me remember what NOT to say to another pregnant woman. Here are 10 things NOT to say to a pregnant woman. Feel free to add more if you’d like.
1. Wow, you’re huge!
Right, because it’s not like I look down at myself every day and see a large boulder sized belly looking back at me, I definitely needed you to point it out to me. Thank you for that!
2. Is it your husband’s baby?
Now this was one of the most idiotic questions I’ve been asked during the pregnancy. If this baby wasn’t my husband’s baby, do you think I’d really share it with you? And for your information, the baby is my husband’s, thankyouverymuch!
3. Are you sure there’s only 1 baby in there and not 2?
*Face palm* That is all…
4. In regards to pregnancy, Google says…
Anything Google says, you can pretty much bet that we stopped listening to you once you said “Google said”. unless Google can replace the care of our Midwives/Doctors, please save your Google facts.
5. Did you get pregnant by accident?
Clearly, if I’m having sex with my husband, there’s a possibility of pregnancy, just as there is for anyone having sex. So while the baby may or may not have been planned, you asking that is overstepping your boundaries.
6. Did you/your husband want another baby?
So how much money is in your bank account? Not my business right? Exactly! Just say congratulations to you and your husband. The prying, invasive questions are so unnecessary.
7. Are the kids happy about a new baby?
No, they’ve actually staged a protest, and are filing injunctions against the new baby as we speak. Seriously? It’s an adjustment for any family. A better question would be to wait until after the baby is born and ask how is everyone adjusting? Is there anything I can do to help?
8. You look like you’re about to drop a load.
I’m sorry, are you referring to taking a massive dump or giving birth to a baby? The phrase drop a load just sounds so abrasive and gross.
9. Can you still have sex while you’re pregnant?
Seriously? Can you still take a shower in the summer? What kind of ridiculous question with no boundaries is that?!
10. You look like you’re about ready to pop!
Again, do I look like a balloon? Please don’t tell a pregnant woman she looks like she’s ready to pop.
Feel free to add any others you can think of. We’d love to hear it!
- Open Marriages: Are They The New Face of Marriage? -
- Gabrielle Union Speaks Out On Her Struggle With Infertility -
- Are Celebrities Held To Different Child/Spousal Support Expectations? -
- Pushing Past The Pain: How To Heal From Heartbreak -
- Parenting A Child With A Disability -
- It’s Just A Little Flirting: That’s Not Cheating Right? -
- Why I Won’t Encourage My Kids To Marry Young -
- Open Letter To Single Moms On Father’s Day -
- Why I Refuse To Let My Kid Have A Participation Award -
- Turmeric: Can It Change Your Life? -