One question that is taboo in most relationships is the question of how many former lovers have you had. Have you ever been asked that question by your significant other? Have you ever felt like this when you were asked?
Now this question can lead to a very slippery slope. If your significant other asks how many, there is so much that can go wrong. The number can be higher than what they’re hoping for. The number can cause jealousy, and other trust issues. Or, you may have a significant other that can be okay with the number, and know that your past has nothing to do with him/her.
To be honest, I found no need to share this number with my husband, and I had no desire to know his number. I am of the opinion that his sexual past is just that. His past. Now, if it involves someone that is in our lives currently, I reserve the right to know that he’s had a sexual history with this woman. And vice versa.
knowing whether to share that number with your significant other can be a tricky thing. It depends on the maturity of the significant other, the stability of the relationship, and whether or not the other can handle it.
Personally, I don’t want to picture my husband with any other woman, so I don’t want to know any number. And he feels the same way. Now, we have also been tested prior to getting married, as well as after getting married. Not wanting to know the number does not mean deciding not to take precautions and keep ourselves safe.
So tell me now, would you tell your significant other your number? We’d love to hear from you!
- 5 Ways To Tell If You’re The Side Chick (Valentine’s Day Exposed) -
- Women’s Empowerment Hits The Golden Globes: Oprah Winfrey’s Life-Changing Speech -
- Open Marriages: Are They The New Face of Marriage? -
- Gabrielle Union Speaks Out On Her Struggle With Infertility -
- Are Celebrities Held To Different Child/Spousal Support Expectations? -
- Pushing Past The Pain: How To Heal From Heartbreak -
- Parenting A Child With A Disability -
- It’s Just A Little Flirting: That’s Not Cheating Right? -
- Why I Won’t Encourage My Kids To Marry Young -
- Open Letter To Single Moms On Father’s Day -