I try to exemplify a Sexy Mom at all times. I guide and nurture my child, run my business, remain fit & healthy, love God, and make a difference in my community. All that, and more, leave little time for real, productive rest. But good, consistent sleep can help so many areas of our life. The goal is 8 hours of sleep per night. If we want to recover faster from fitness training, lose body fat, boost your immunity, be more productive, and have a better libido, we need to take sleep seriously.
Here are some tips to help:
1) Make sure you have a pitch black room when you sleep.
2) No cell phone, TV, computer or other electronics 1 hour before bed.
3) Keep the room cool. There is nothing worse than waking up in the middle of the night in a sticky sweat. We women of a certain age know that feeling all too well.
4) Keep the room quiet. Music may help relax you to sleep but it also keeps your mind stimulated so you don’t rest.
5) Ideally, fall asleep well before midnight. That is my greatest challenge.
6) No caffeine or sugar (in foods or drink) 1 hour before bed. They are stimulants and are counterproductive.
7) After consulting your doctor, if you are still having trouble falling asleep, try sleep supplements.
Some days are easier to implement these tips than other days. Don’t worry if your sleep habits suck right now. With effort they can improve just like your discipline to own your own business, your organization to manage multiple kids, and your dedication to your fitness regimen. Each night, do better.